Monday 10 January 2011

All in the pain (sorry, name!) of fashion

Went out for a romantic meal on Saturday night with hubby, opted for a stylish navy top, long paisley scarf with matching (yep you've guessed it) leggings and long flat suede boots with tassels (the tassels are an extremely important fashion accessory at this particular moment in time, you understand).

The only problem was that when I went to put the boots on, my pregnancy calves were so swollen that after (painfully) squeezing my way into them, the heat of the leg-on-suede began to hot up so much that the boots felt like leeches by the end of the night, making them excruciating to walk in (I didn't let this show btw!)  

Interestingly, it was the boots being prized off at the end of the night that was the true spectacle of the evening. Suffice to say that after getting myself into a variety of uncomfortable and unsuccessful positions, husband had to come to the rescue!

So I'm now left asking myself the following question; do I kiss goodbye to my beloved flats for the season?!

3 comments:

  1. Probably best to, I tried heels when 8 mths pregnant at a works dinner, but had to change in to my spare pair of flats almost at the beginning of the night!! If you are going to keep wearing them, suggest you lie on bed with feet elevated above your pelvis to reduce swelling xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha you may have to wear flip flops for the rest of your pregnancy (8 seriously maybe ballet flats would be a better option... not so much leg squeezing. Look on the bright side the weather can only get better as you get larger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the trick is jen to wear them while your feet/legs are at their best and when everyone else has had a few to drink (they won't realise if they've had enough!), change into flip flops :D Also an essential fashion accessory is an over sized bag. Ideal for this situation. I hear you can buy paisley ones too! :D

    ReplyDelete

About