Tuesday 10 May 2011

Men and labour - a good mix?

Is being in labour really that dull for men? 

I only ask the question because when I was enduring a particularly painful wave of contractions (and bending over holding on to my husband's hips for relief) I heard - through my moans and groans - his fingers swiftly tapping away at the Blackberry.

Looking up and seeing him engrossed in an email I gave him a knowing look that really needed no words whatsoever, apart from "Any chance?"

He retorted: "Just checking a few last minute emails before signing off, darling."  Through gritted teeth I firmly but politely responded: "Turn it off...now."

Now there's commitment and commitment for you...or perhaps it's just boredom. 

1 comment:

  1. If men had babies, then I'm sure I'd be the one with the blackberry in hand :o I'm terrible & my hubbie is always shouting at me to put my phone down ;)

    ReplyDelete

About